Monday, February 25, 2008

Nice 2 be Important

Nice to be Important but More Important to be Nice

Peace. What a blast of a week. Gr8 party, Gr8 Sports and the Gr8est Show ever getting crazy Funky.

We kicked the week off last Saturday at one of the classiest, extravagant parties east of the Mississippi. I was invited to v-day party by my good friends Rome and Mill. Now there Chris and Snoop couple of my crew…..”They get mad work done”. The only bad part of the date was I was going to miss the Dunk contest and the Taylor-Pavlik rematch. Ohh well that why they got espnews. The event was so damn classy, there were candles and flowers decked throughout the hallway. Getting there early I partake in a cool Dewars and Coke……aww so refreshing. In the hall I bump into my good friend King, who mad the trip down from Connecticut. He was in great spirits as argued was Hasheem Thabeet better then Ray Hibbert….tuff call I thing Thabeet can be a defensive force but Hibbert plays a smart game not based on athletic ability that will prolong his career. I bump into my brother and his girlfriend in the foyer, they looks so smashing together. We had back to the bar and inform him about the Bibby to ATl trade. He was furious the Cavs didn’t land him, I told him the Cavs need shooters not per se Playmakers cause the king is the dominate ball-handler. Back to the Party.!! As more and more and my crew started filling in, we start congregating and holding court outside. A beautiful thing, everyone is dressed to the nines…I’m talking business casual, fine linens and 10gs of fine wrist-wear. These brothers were dressed like they had a court date or sumthin…..lol. All in all this was the classiest and elegant event I was blessed to attend. There were 3 world class food courses including a chocolate fudge cake that was richer the Warren Buffets portfolio plus 4 great music acts. Timeless and Memorable. If u ever think about throwing an event and need a delicate touch please visit. ……nuffin exceeds like excess.

Well the Taylor-Pavlik wasn’t a rematch but a mismatch as Pavlik whipped his ass again. I watched the 24/7 on the rematch and was really pulling for Taylor but he sucks and now goes into the Oliver McCall and Hassim Rahman, Buster Douglass (by the way he has the second best fight videogame ever- ) category…One lucky night” fighters. The Dunk contest was damn good and very innovative. I have on question; how does Gerald Green who stands 6’7 win the dunk contest last year and finish 2nd this year already get traded to his 3rd team. Anyways the Dunk contest but I want to see someone pull this dunk off:



This is even funnier…..


I got my email reminder for my March Madness on Demand. U haven’t heard, it’s only the best work invention since direct deposit and having the net at work….wat the hell did people do before? MMoD streams every NCAA tournament game so u don’t miss anything at work. Wat’s evern sweeter is the boss button that u click and a dummy excel sheet pops up and hides the game from ur nosey ass boss. Here’s the link:

Wire Spoiler
The Wire is getting way to funky. Robin Hood has his thoughts splattered on some corn chips, very sad I was speechless when I saw it. Had 2 rewind it 2x. My man Poot made a guest spot……to think Brodie and Wallace are now dead and gone. Only 2 more episode left and to I’m starting to get teary eyed.

As stated in my last blog, Happy Days are here again. The NBA is back to like those 93-01 days again. That Lakers-Suns game was uber. 2 gr8 teams battling with elite players. It not all about good teams, we need star players, we need big cites to have good teams and marquee talent. Yeah the Spurs are good but we would rather see PHX –LA play just off the star power.


Notes and ISh

I ran across this list pretty funny stuff:



This is one of the rawest realest videos ever. It was old skool but I don’t care it was before it tyme, they even had groupies in the 1980’s. Don Jaun ur goin to love this….



Qucikly, Pacman Jones is becoming my fave player in the League. That why it pains me to see the NFL still messin’ wit the Rain-man. I know in the public court appearance he seems to but guilty but after all the smoke clears he only been charged with a misdemeanor. Listen he paid his dues, let him in King Goddel. The perfect move will be for Tenn-a-key to trade him to the Cowboys. Wow can u imagine that star power: TO, Romo and Pac Man. Let’s get it done NFL.

Was watching American Gangster and was so impressed wit the RZA. He’s officially not just a rapper actor but legit actor. He went toe-to-toe wit Russell Crowe and held his own. Everyone who knows me, knows I’m the biggest Wu fan out there. I was listening to the new cd, which is damn good and found this clip on line.



Can u imagine any other hip-hop or for that sake Music artist that could sample the Beatles and then get his son to play it……that’s wat u call Power



I was watching some old 90210 episodes and thinking Damn they lived some damn good lives. The sleeper girl was Andrea (Brandon should have twisted that up). She was quiet and nerdy but damn sexy, she was dying for attention.

Early Sunday I caught Meet the Press, Obama is really doin his thing, they had a discussion on if he’s plagiarizing his word’s from the Massachuteus Gov. Now it just a simple ludicrous attempt by the Clinton camp to try to stop his momentum. Like Nas said “ain’t nuffin new under the sun, it not how u do it but how it’s done”. There getting so desperate and cheap it sad to see. By the way who in the Hell could guees Mass. has it’s first black Gov., Deval Patrick (
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3utilities&sid=Agov3&U=Agov3_Deval_Patrick_welcome_msg)
Wow, we’re living in history, I know the cynics will say the more stuff changes the more it stays the same but there no denying we’re in the midst of a social and political revolution.

I was watching the Food Network (big surprise) and caught a show called Cooking with the Neely’s. It a black couple form Memphis cooking show. The chemistry, the meals & the whole atmosphere of the show is incredible. I was inspired by a lasagna dish they cooked up and made it the following day. It turned out so good I was requested to make a batch at an wedding event in March….damn im good. Check them out
:http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ny/0,3190,FOOD_30858,00.html

That it for now, mid-week review coming Thursday….GONE

1 comment:

  1. yo uddy...you hit it on the head, the party was great! Its always fun when we get together. Rome and Mill did the damn thing! On another note, Hibbert is better than that Uconn dood. Slim from Uconn is good, and i think he will be damn good.. but he raw right now...Hibbert i think could be the black Yao Ming...lol

    ReplyDelete