Friday, February 15, 2008

Weekend Up2date-2/15/08

Week Up-date

Peace to all my wicked jumpshot readers, fans and groupies. Let’s dig in.

How in the Hell does Gayvon George have a no-trade clause. To be honest there should be only 2 players with (ntc’s, there actually 18)….Bean and King James. Here the excuse; he has a clause in his one-year, $2.4 million deal that stipulates he must agree to any trade. George forfeits his early Bird rights in a trade which, theoretically, could cost him a larger salary when he seeks his next deal after he becomes a free agent July. 1. Wow this is why the NBA is the best League in the world. Here u have a bum like George has all the power in leverage in the world, he has 3 rings, still has a house in LA and can tell groupies he know Shaq and Kobe…and Dirk and Cubes…….I love this country. In a few years Cubes will be thanking George for the hold-up, this trade stinks. The Mavs even with Kidd can’t beat SA, LA or PHX and to be honest a tem like Utah might beat them if they get a few breaks. So why trade for a 35 yr pg who cant shoot, yes he makes ur team a lil’ better but what happens when u double down on Dirk and swing it to Kidd and he clank that shit…………..Now u see the light. Dallas needs to chill keep Devo Harris (damn that boys needs a shape-up) and play it out.
Speaking of bad hair, I was watching the Celtic-Knicks highlight and asked my self why is Brian Scalabrine in the NBA. I just don’t get it. U gonna tell me there’s no one in the NBDL better then him. I just don’t believe it……. U know in Boston how it’s goin down…….


Was watching the Suns-Warriors game and was so entertained. Man they were goin at it, The Boy B-Diddy is incredible. He so strong and can finish so well. How in the hell is he not an all-star. This is goin to be a gr8 1st round match-up, but The Lakers will have the number one seed in the off’s. No it’s not a homer pick, here the proof: http://nocapprohoops.com/2008/02/12/why-the-lakers-will-win-the-pacific-division/

My new fave show is Americas Dance Team. I know I’m catch some flack but uck it, it very entertaining. U gotta watch it, plus there some nice jiggling females to keep ur attention. Mtv Thursday 10pm

I’m getting geared up for the ASG this year. I was thinking about some of my fave ASG moments.

1.


2. Quite possibility the greatest ASG dunk ever, Shaq eviscerates Drobb……wow



Here’s the NBA list of all tyme ASG plays, dunks, bloopers etc. Enjoy
http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/video/asg_top10s.html


By the way Espn Classix will be having a ASG marathon on Sunday 12. Comcast finally answered my prayers and gave us Classix on the reg. digi-package. They have a college basketball double header on in the afternoon. Yesterday I caught 2 Puke-MD games. 1995 Joey Smith gave them like 27 and 13 against such Puke legends like Eric Meeks and The other chief Cherokee Parks…….lol. The nightcap was the 2001 game when MD gave up a 12pt lead with 59 seconds……….amazing comeback



The even weird thing was Md had Puke up by like 10 in the 2001 Final 4 only to choke up and let them win. I hate him but I gotta give the boy Dookie Battier his due, he the most winning’est player in NCAA history 4yrs-133 wins.

Shyt about 2 nights ago I caught Cuse’ v St Johns….Gr8 players like Lawrence “Poetry in” Moten, The late great Malik Sealy…….What happened to legit College Players with good nicknames

I’m feelin’ the itch to pick up a new hobby this year,…..Any Suggestion. Maybe some dance lesson, wat about learning to play poker (so the next tyme I go to Vegas…very soon, I can maybe play another game other then roulette and 21) maybe find a local pub and become a regular. Like a Cheers…..speaking of Cheers…who could sing it better than:



Was thinking about how I haven’t went to a store and bought a cd in about 8 yrs. I was thinking wat are the best Album covers, I think my fave of all-tyme:

Lol, the creativity and rawness of the whole project was just incredible. I can remember buying this at the old Sam Goody at the Columbia Mall. It was the 3rd release after 36 chambers and Tical. Dirty was just in a diff zone then the rest of us. The thing about Dirty was his lyrical delivery was so uncanny he could just murder beats while still being funny and hardcore……”I got burnt twice but hey it was only gonorrhea” that’s like pain and pleasure; only gr8 poets can put a line like that 2gether.

My fave new Network of 2008(it might be old but who cares I say what I want) G4. Great network, Oliva Gunn , wat a fine slice of cheese :: over there and they play Cops and Cheaters. They have a segment at night that has All Japanese tv and it off the hook….very young and hip network, maybe they can get some re-runs of A-team, Knight Rider and GI Joes and it will officially replace Spike as the de facto Mans Network.

I’ve been reading complex since it inception funny because I’m not into the trendy fashion shit but the website is awesome www.complex.com.... If u doubting we can go issue for issue….u don’t want it

I’m a wrap this up wit my thought on V-day. It’s the Cole-Slaw of holidays. Nice sometimes, but who ever ask for cole-slaw. It’s a basic day that strictly for females and it bad for the environment. Think about it, we kill millions of flowers for one day, destroy mega tons of the cacao plant that makes chocolate…..for wat. Think about ask urself wat the best v-day gift u got…….keep thinking it doesn’t even register. But have no fear fellas, I got a holiday brewing for us………stay tuned.
PS: Fave V-day song….CAMAY by Ghostface, Raekwon and Cappadonna from the Iron man Cd.:



“Can you cook Darling….Baked Macaroni Turkey Wings a brother starving”…….

Enjoy the Weekend………

No comments:

Post a Comment