Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend Splash

Oct 27th

Damn only 3 days left, im still pondering getting the NBA league pass. My reservations or are pretty Silly, do I really care to see those wack ass West Coast games (sac kings, clippers, Portland sans big boi Oden) or those lame east coast 7o’clock starts (hawks, indy pacers…actually The Hawks might be fun to watch)…. U know wat fugitabout it, I’m ordering the League Pass 2nite…How u think I should run this by my girlfriend, I mean she hates that fact that Thursday used to be Ugly Betty and Grey Anatomy now it Espn college football and now it NBA double-header…I’m gonna have to re-up a nice xmas gift for all her troubles……….

Sittin in the crib late/early last night depending on wat angle u wanna enter (3am) I peeped the preseason games on ESPN, Celts v. Cavs and Lakes v. Kings. They say u cant put to much stock in preseason but I think u can put a little stock. First, the C’s look in sync, the boi KG had a trip-double, he’s ready for war, I’m thinking he gonna have that get my Swag back year award. Think about the 1993 season of Mr. Affaletic Charles Barkley, he was coming off the impressive 1992 Olympics (where he led the team in scoring) and was traded to Phx. From the get-go he was on a mission, he avg. 25.6 pts and 12.2 rebs plus 4.6 dimes. More importantly he took that underachieving team to the Finals and was pretty even wit the Bulls. I can remember sittin in my friend peachy house watchin game 7 of the WCF v. Sonics, in the crazy game seven Mr Affaletic had 44 pts and 24rebs, now that wat I call money during money time. Peep these: http://www.nba.com/suns/history/1993_retrospective.html

Gr8 Shit, this man was just possessed on the court………..back to the future later…

now I hope this is the mentality for KG, to be honest I was never a huge fan until I saw an interview wit him and Big John Thompson I think during the 2005 ASG

one of the most thoro passionate interviews ever, one of the rare players of 2day who give a u ish. I’m really rooting for him to get on a roll and just dominate anybody on the court, he got the help and the squad around him……….dominate KG, please just look at those Barkley Highlight tapes and just dominate………

Since we got some tyme to speculate and talk-over, let’s do a small straw poll and analyze our fave NBA announcing teams and studio squads. I was talking wit my big brother about this, I really like Jalen Rose in the studio wit Screamin A….now I can do wit out Mark Jones but he’s better then lazy Canadian John Saunders (who u know black openly admits to liking the NHL…..). Where’s Greg Ant and Timmy Legs, there aight G.ant knows his shit and Legs a local legend, he takes it back to cheap seats in the Cap Centre (old skool bullets for u newbies that thought I was new). I love listening to Hubie break ish down, simply marvelous. In fact there was a old clip of hubie at the old 5 star camp throwin behind the back passes like clock-work. An amazing video that I will be on the hunt for. I did find a old Roy Firestone interview wit Hubie and even funnier news, Roy Firestone is a singer…….tru weird ish:

Oct 28th

Wat a glorious lazy sundae afternoon, just 2 days left to the NBA pops off. Actually made my fist batch of mac and cheese; a complete success. So I’m getin ready for the Pats-Skins game (later found out to be renamed the Halloween Massacre) and I’m rippin thru the Wash Post Sunday paper, I come across this great Gilly article in the Wash-Post magazine: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/23/AR2007102301560.html

Please read and drop science, it one of the best articles I ever read about an athlete. I’ve been loving Gilly for a min (ask rome), he rare in 2day NBA cookie cutter wanna be perfect superstars. I’m xxpecting his game to improve this year, wit his quickness and speed he should be getting to the middle wit ease and dishin for more dimes. Still a lil away from being a total complete player but as far as pure offensive and like-abilty is Pure Man’.

Lastly for the Weekend Update, from our most popular chamber “U cant blame Davey Stern” desk. The boi Ratchet Wallace is up 2 it again :

Rasheed says NBA "wanted'' Cavs, LeBron in finals

Saturday, Oct 27, 2007 7:09 am EDT

Rasheed Wallace

Getty Images

It may have only been the end of the exhibition season, but Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was in mid-season form.

"I still don't think they (Cavaliers) beat us, we beat ourselves," Wallace said. "And I think we also fell victim to that personal NBA thing where they are trying to make it a world game and get (television) ratings. They wanted to put their darling in there (the NBA Finals) and they did, and look what ended up happening.

"This game ain't basketball anymore, it's entertainment," Wallace said. "It's starting to get like the WWF. There ain't no real wrestling anymore either. It's all fake."

Source: Detroit News

It an interesting POV, I think it has some merits, to be honest every major sports is based and runned by the the huge tv conglomerates. Now most will say how can u sway a game or a particular series one-sided, well we know now refs can and do cheat when giving an chance. The bottom-line is the Cavs did win and the Pistons did let King drop 56pts on them…….who knows……….Lets just get it on..

No comments:

Post a Comment